This recipe for Stuffed Scallops comes from Community Shellfish in Bremen and shows off the wonderful merroir of Maine Dayboat harvested scallops!
Recipe provided by
- 1 lb. fresh sea scallops, cleaned and rough choppedShop
- 2 ounces diced pancetta, about ¼ cup
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry or white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (4 to 5-inch) scallop baking shells
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Serves: 8
Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a medium skillet, cook pancetta over medium high heat until browned; remove from pan and reserve.
In the same pan, melt butter over medium heat and cook onion and red bell pepper, 2 minutes or until just translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Sir in wine, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Add in breadcrumbs and toast until light brown. Stir in paprika, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon parsley.
Add scallops and reserved pancetta. Toss to coat well and combine. Evenly divide mixture between baking shells. (About a heaping 1/3 cup for each shell.) Arrange shells on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until dark golden brown. Serve warm sprinkled with remaining parsley.